In the fall of 1996, Pete Law left the security of one of the southeast’s largest insurance defense firms to start his own practice dedicated to helping injured and wrongful death victims as a result of the negligence of others. Starting with no clients, no office space and considerable law school debt, Pete served the function as lead counsel, office manager, legal assistant, secretary, paralegal, courier, and anything else needed to serve his law practice.
Throughout the years, the firm has grown to significant staff and attorneys able to take-on the largest corporations and insurance companies in the world. The firm is proud, however, of the many current and past employees who were given a chance to succeed, whether it be in the law or business world.
The firm has hired students and lawyers who graduated from both local and national institutions, including but not limited to Harvard, Vanderbilt, Duke, the University of Georgia, Emory University, Spelman College, the University of Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Florida State, John Marshall, the University of Florida, the University of Alabama, Auburn University, the University of Utah, Middlebury College, the University of South Carolina and Georgia Southern.
We are proud of some of our past lawyers and assistants who have gotten their starts at our firm, including:
- Jeff, Randy, James, Davis and Rod were former lawyers who worked here and have gone on to start their own law firms after gaining valuable experience;
- Kate, a graduate of Middlebury College, worked at our firm as a legal assistant/firm manager and eventually moved to New York to work for an international charitable foundation and is now a teacher in the New York school system;
- Kristen, a graduate of Vanderbilt University, came to work here as a legal assistant and decided to go to law school at Emory University. Kristen is now a successful practicing lawyer at one of largest law firms in New York City;
- TaKeena, a graduate of Spelman College, came to work here as a legal assistant and decided to go to law school at Indiana University and recently passed the bar and is a successful attorney in Indianapolis;
- Irina, was admitted to the American Law School in St. Louis and attended law school;
- Carolyn, worked for us upon graduation from college and decided to go to dental school, and is now an active practicing dentist in metro Atlanta;
- Jeremy, a firm courier, is joining the United States Naval Academy’s helicopter pilot division;
- Eddie, a graduate of Duke University, joined several other individuals to begin an internet start-up company;
- Amanda, a University of Georgia graduate came to work for us directly out of college as a legal assistant and became the firm manager. Thereafter, Amanda decided to attend the University of Utah law school in order to ski, enjoy the west and study law. After three years of law school and successfully passing the bar, Amanda is now a full-time attorney in our firm.